Time to sell? One way to highlight your home’s strengths is through home staging. Home staging is the process of preparing and presenting your home in the best possible manner to appeal to the widest possible audience.
Staging your home has the potential to greatly decrease the amount of time it spends on the market by allowing buyers to visualize themselves in the property. Here are some reasons why home staging has proven effective.
- Allow the buyers to envision themselves in the space by removing any excess items and personal belongings. According to the NAR 2017 Profile of Home Staging, 77% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home (National Association of Realtors). Rather than seeing the memories your family made, they should be imagining creating memories of their own.
- Neutralizing the decor can be best done by decluttering, rearranging, and simplifying. Painting the walls simple colors and having minimal decorations makes it easier for the buyer to envision their own belongings in the space.
- Appearing move-in ready: in today’s market, potential buyers will be quick to negotiate, and needing repairs or replacements will only justify their argument. Remember, home buyers want to throw their house warming party as soon as possible.
- Buyers want to invest in a property that has been well-maintained, simple fixes and touch ups will put them at ease.
- Gain a competitive edge by landscaping, deep cleaning, and removing pets.
- First impressions matter, put in that extra effort! An entrance can be made that much more welcoming with a simple walkway, some potted plants, and a freshly painted door.
Check out these professionally staged photos of 5 Moseley in Newburyport when it was on the market earlier this year!
Use Technology to help you stage!
If home staging isn't an option for you, some apps and other programs can help home buyers visualize furniture in empty rooms. Stone Ridge Properties Agent Cheryl Grant says, "I used a program called Modsy that did a great job virtually filling my empty living room."
Modsy photos are below....