The Topsfield Fair opens Friday, October 1st and runs through the 11th.
After a Covid year hiatus the Fair is back and celebrating it’s return as the oldest agricultural fair in America – since 1818!
Did you know that the fair draws between 450,000 and 500,000 people over its 10-day event period? It does! The weekends and Columbus Day tend to be the busiest but there are plenty of weekday activities (when crowds tend to be smaller) performances and fun to be had at the Topsfield Fair.
What’s your favorite country fair activity? Do you love the exhibits, the entertainment? How about the food? Do you head to the midway or to the agricultural buildings? No matter what you love about country fairs, the Topsfield Fair has something for everyone.
For 2021, masks will be required in all fairground buildings from October 1-11, 2021, per Town of Topsfield Board of Health. The Topsfield Fair is also taking additional measures for the safety of their guests. (As per their website)
- Additional hand washing stations and hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the fairgrounds – please use them!
- COVID-19 Vaccines will be available during the length of the Topsfield Fair at the Town of Topsfield Health Department booth in the Fair Trade Center
- Free masks will be available at the Information Booths for those who forgot their mask.
- The Massachusetts Medical Reserve Corps will be on grounds for assistance.
To make the most of your visit, do a little planning.
Tickets & Special Days
- Tickets range in price from $15 to $20 and can be purchased at the gate.
- Senior Citizen Day is Monday October 4th – seniors can purchase tickets for $10
- Military Day is Tuesday October 5th – tickets are free for active military and their immediate family
- There is also a Dementia Friendly (DF) Fair map and tips for this new initiative
- Sensory Day
- Sensory Day is an opportunity for a more sensory sensitive experience to the Topsfield Fair for families who have family members with autism or sensory processing disorders. Vendors will have no flashing lights, music or announcements. Sound for entertainment and stages will be lowered and announcements on the grounds will be limited and turned down as well. This will be held on the first Monday (10/4/2021) of the Topsfield Fair.
- Accessibility Parking
- Every Topsfield Fair parking lot has accessible parking. The largest number of spaces is in Lot A/River Gate, the entrance to which is on Route 1. All accessible parking is located near an entrance gate. On busy days, spaces in our lots are occupied early.
- Once inside the fairgrounds, most areas are paved to accommodate our guests in wheelchairs and on scooters. Wheelchairs are available for rent at the gate nearest to Parking Lot A, which is also known as the River Gate Entrance.
- If rides are your thing or you have family members that want to go on everything – check out the Mega Ride Pass – it can be purchased online here
Entertainment at the Grandstand Stage
- Frankie Avalon Wednesday October 6th
- 38 Special Thursday the 7th
- Phil Vasser Friday the 8th
- Tony Orlando Saturday the 9th
- Andrew Marshall Sunday October 10th
- Colin Jamieson Monday October 11th
See full program schedules here.
New Fair Hours for 2021
Friday, October 1st: 4:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday, October 2nd: 10:00am-10:00pm
Sunday, October 3rd: 10:00am-9:00pm
Monday-Wednesday, October 4th-6th: 11:00am-9:00pm
Thursday-Sunday, October 7th-10th: 10:00am-10:00pm
Monday, October 11th: 10:00am-8:00pm
Have a fun and safe visit to the 2021 Topsfield Fair!